We headed back to the beach for once last stroll after lunch, Louisa was thrilled with the idea and sucsessfully got herself all wet and sandy. We soaked in the view of the sea and idolized all the beach front reasidents, then took our NH bound tired bodies back to the hotel to get ready for re-entry into NH....I have to admit I love NH, it is where my roots are and where I have choosen to put a few new ones down, but I really really do not want winter this year! I can see why people live in these beautiful tropical places. I guess I have to look at the positive, it would not be such a treat to visit these magnifcent places if we were to live in one. This has been a wonderful adventure, and I am looking forward to getting Louisa back to her toys and changing table:) Where are we off to NEXT?????? Bye Bye Southern Cali. You have been beautiful!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
One last fleeting glance of the Pacific
We survived our ride back down the 5 into LA, Cali drivers are nuts!! They are nice and do not blow the horn at you or anything like that, but the will cut you off with smile, or pull right out in front of you with a wave, but they are nuts! I am calm and cool most of the time, but my palms were sweating all the way up the 5 a week ago, and the were sweating the whole way down today! So many cars, Fast cars at that and motorcycles, and huge stinky trucks! We did see a Fabulous Bentely..I bet it was someone famous. We are staying in the Venice Beach area again, the city was named after these salt water canals were built, they are beautiful to walk though. Louisa loved the ducks and the bridges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I am with you on not looking forward to winter. I am getting a bit jealous seeing you all barefoot in the sand! I am sipping hot tea because our house is so cold ( hubby left a window open upstairs by accident) oops! Its feezing in here! Have a safe trip back... we need a playdate soon.
I am with you on winter also. There are a lot of times when I question where I live. It is weird how the weather will be down in the dumps for a few days and then right when I am about to break I see a sight (like the horses running in the snow etc) that makes me smile and be happy about where I live. I still wouldn't ocmplain if it were in the low 70's and sunny year round :)
A great trip indeed, hmmm maybe a 5yr anniversary tropical trip?!?
I'm with you all, winter, who wants to see snow, and the cold we have been having, I must admit today was the first one that I put on a pair of long pants, yuk, I am not looking forward to that. Your trip has been wonderful to watch each day as the time has passed. I am with Scott on the 5th anniversary trip!!!
Post a Comment