Saturday, October 04, 2008

Last Day at the lake!

After a awesome time at the ski lake, today was the final day of competition. You can see how blue to water is in the in the one shot, it felt like I was skiing on blue Jello!! Scott, my father-in-law Dave and I were standing in front of the tournament entrance wearing our competitors lanyard. You have to take the to all the vendors and get them punched, you get all kinds of Free stuff, t-shirts, stickers and chances to win cool stuff. Dave even got himself a new RADAR ski that all the pros signed! If you look close you can see the beautiful Mt's. that are to the North, South and East of the lake. There are enormous Cow Dariy farms out here, I mean 1,000 of cows at each farm, so you can imagine some of the smells we got..nice!! It was cloudy today at the lake which was a BIG change from the last few days that were in the high 90's!!! HOT HOT HOT!! Scott thought this rig towing the brand new MasterCraft was sweet, just like our boat minus a few add on's. Time to repack my suitcase and Louisa's suitcase, they have for some reason exploded all over our hotel room!! It feels like all week all I have done is look for things, and things that you can not just say oh well we do not need it, it is stuff that you need for Louisa! Have you seen the wipes?? Where is the bib?? What did I do with her spoon? Shoes, why can I only find one shoe??? anyone seen her blankie??? Room Key....anyone have a damn room key?? Scott can you call my phone...again!? Okay what time do we need to get up?? Do you want a snack?? Where are the snacks??? Baby...Baby where are you??? (this is her baby doll) Why can I only find One shoe??? Just a few of the pharses I have said over and over and over again. The reason I could only find on shoe half to time is that Louisa wants all the shoes in the one of the closets of our ajoining rooms, she will find a shoe and say dirty dirty dirty and go stash it in one of the closets like a ferret! She has done great, really great. Her new thing is to stand at the door and say "Ready Ready Ready!" Dada Ready!! So funny. There was an awards banquet tonight, Louisa and I lasted all of about five minutes before she was saying Ready Ready, we came back to the room she is nite nite on one bed and I need to get started on repacking the suit cases, we leave here tomorrow, and head back to LA for on night then homeward bound! Not sure the standing yet, I think ended up 4th out of 10 by a 1/2 a point! More pics to come:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! That lake does look like Blue Jello!

LadyIrish said...

Loved the narrative!! I can just see you and hear all the commotion! Louisa is turning into a world traveler, and you are doing a great job with her. Love the sailor dress!! Love, Mom

Nana Farrell said...

Traveling is so much fun, and double the fun with little ones! Thank the good lord that those rooms are only so big, so things have to be near by, just a matter of finding them. Think of it as experience!