We are all safe and sound in LA!! Louisa did great on the plane 5 hour plane ride:) We are staying over by the Venice Beach area last night and tonight. Scott has a first cousin that lives with his wife and sweet daughter Lydia in LA right across the street from the Tar Pits. I have been wanting to visit the Tar Pits for some time, I just love Natural History. During our Visit to LA in 98 the Tar Pits were closed so we did not get to see them, not this time!! WE got to tour the whole thing! It is truly amazing. If you do not know what the are most people do not!!
They are natural Tar pits that over millions of years ago
animals would get stuck in them, animals like Saber Tooth Tigers, Mammoths, Giant Sloths, Camels, Horses, you name it, the bones were preserved and excavated many years later. A fascinating place, the was awesome to visit today!! Did you know we had American Lions here!!! Way back then anyway!
After the Tar Pits we had some pizza for lunch then headed over to drive through Beverly Hills , Rodeo Drive and Hollywood, we even found Paul Newman's Star and Hollywood Blvd - RIP
The last shot is of Scott Feet, I guess we picked up some tar walking around the museum, oops took some work to get it off, my feet were covered as well! Hope we can get it off the bottom of the tub before check out!!??
















4 comments:
Can you imagine if some of these creatures still roamed the world today!! Wonderful pics.
How interesting, all the times I have been to CA, never saw those. We did do Hollywood, and Rodeo Drive, that was lots of fun!. The funniest part was in the parkin garage, the guy knew I was from Boston, go figure!
Wow, what a fascinating place! I would not want to get stuck in one of the tar pits...
Actually the tar on the feet is usually picked up at the beach. Mayonaise gets it off no problem!the tar is common at a lot of beaches, I remember back in the day when I went EVERY day we'd go to wendys or mcdonalds for a packet of mayo and some napkins. yucky stuff...
Post a Comment