Louisa and I were heading home from spending some time up and the Nowlans, as we got closer to Northwood by Northwood lake, the road started to get covered in Green leaves, I mean COVERED you could have plowed the leaves it was unreal, I turned on 107 and there were trees down all over the place, all they right to our house, could hardly get down our road, we did not lose any big tress, eventhough our neighbors have a pesky pine that drops pitch and needles, I would not mind it that blew over!
What a mess, My Bannana plant is in sheds along with my hostas and beloved pernials :( I hope they recover!!?? Mom and Evs house has some pretty good tree damage as well, the barn was soaked to the bone, even inside, must have been quite the thing to see! The hosres seem happy to see me!! PSNH had to come and take a big branch off our line. We did have to get the generator out to keep the frigde cool. Power was for 7 hours, not bad considering the last power outage!! We had just finished burning all of our ice storm damage, looks like we have some more burning to do! We have had quite the last few years of storms......?








4 comments:
Wow what a storm. Glad you are ok and everyone is safe. Thank goodness for generators. Gee the Behners from Ohio were not there for this one, but wish we were there to help with the clean up.
thanks for posting the pics-have wifi in the Tidewater-hope things are OK NOW 143
Hosta should recover just fine. WHen I was in the hospital having Keira my hostas got damaged by hail... the next season they were just fine. MIght look crappy till next year but they are hearty.
We really lucked out, unlike those on Northwood Lake and the Narrows. You can see the holes in their siding and broken windows from the hail damage. What weird weather we've been having!!!
Post a Comment