Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring is slowly arriving on Long Pond!!

I love living on a lake, I really do, nothing reflects the seasons better than the water. I have to admit the winter months are tough, one main reason is the glacier of ice of forms in front of our house over the lake. It is so sad to see the ice creep in. I have looked forward to this day for the past five months, when me sore eyes can rest and look at the sweet sight of open water....yes it does mean waterski season is breathing down my neck. I can open my curtains and not have to wear sunglasses in the house from the sun glaring off the ice! What a beautiful thing spring is! Just waiting to hear those little peepers starting soon!

5 comments:

LadyIrish said...

What a treat to check your blog and see the spring pictures! I can smell the fragrance of the earth and lake waking up under the warmth of that great star-the Sun-as our world hurtles through space closer to it.

HLN said...

Love the flowers! How nice! A the little kitty peeking out...I'm sure on her way to find a nice little birdie. And hello 4th of July Rock.

Molly's Family said...

Don't you just love spring!!! great pics, Love to see Louisa smeling the flowers!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. There is nothing better than Mother Nature waking up. It gives me so much more energey when I wake up to a warm sunny day. Miss you guys!

Auntie Diana

alexish5 said...

Great pics. What are the purple flowers called?