Two weeks ago Louisa started her first swim class as a Water Droplet at the works in Somersworth. My mum is a sweetheart and comes to keep Chet happy while we swim for 25 mins. The first class Louisa was wide eyed at all the half naked ladies in the locker room and HUGE loud pool we had to get in, she was nothing less than a SPIDER MONKEY for most of the first class! I find it rather funny the effort that goes into a 25 min class! Bags of towels undies and flip flops.....Baby Chet in tow, sleeping a lot a this point thank the heavens! Of course it has to be winter on top of it, which means layers of huge coats mittens and boots, and last minutes pee pees after you are dressed and ready to get out the door (with a bathing suit on remember!), or kinda get out the door. It is more of how much can I carry and get through two doors without pinching little fingers or dropping the keys or worse the baby, all the time cursing ever so softly so not the be heard by the every listening 3 yr old! Only to get to the car that is covered with 6 inches of snow.........! Kids locked and loaded like I like to say and my turn to brush of the snow.....well that is what I tell myself a quick brush off....well my van is big, but this morning it was enormous!! Covered in winter beauty........YUCK! Good thing I had my bathing suit on under my jeans of course (with the good ol mommy skirt...yah that is comfortable!) because I was totally soaked. Jump in the van high tail it out of the very snowy drive, all along answering the 10,000th question....What is that Mommy, what are you wet Mommy, Dada did not snow blow Mommy? Mommy...Why is there snow Mommy Why, Mommy I wanna watch Barney Mommy, Mommy did you bring my water Mommy.....I try to answer each question with ease and grace.......! Get stuck behind a plow and then a tow truck. Pick up Nanna, Mommy why are we picking up Nanna,?? Mommy, is Nanna coming to swim class......? Mommy is Nanna going to stay with Baby Brother....? Finally pull into swim class......get in the pool fifteen minutes late...swim for 15 mins........
15mins......15 mins......!! Well I guess we do this for the sweet little ones we love....Why Mommy Why.....a question I asked myself that day!!




6 comments:
You will ask yourself that many times, and you will come up with the same answer.....for your children. But think of all the rewards you will receive for the two beautiful children you have, and believe me Katie you are doing a wonderful job!!! Keep up the great work Katie, it is all well worth it.....
Thanks Mary-Anne!! It was a rough day, but just as I am going to lose it, I do end up laughing at myself!! It is well worth it thus far, hard as hell but well worth it!!
opps I posted under SCotty!
Too funny! You have captured there constant questions so well! It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only mother in the world being driven crazy by question, after question, after question!!!!!
LOl! You crack me up Katie!! But yes that is how it feels to go anywhere with 2 kids in tow in the cold!!!! And the Why... questions are driving me mad!!
Kate-you REALLT NEED TO WRITE MORE! YOu are Great at it!!
Post a Comment