Monday, February 23, 2009

Here we Go Again

Scott and I were relaxing watching the Oscars during the snow storm last night, when at about 10:30 the power goes out!! Yuck! I end up sleeping on the couch because I cannot hear Louisa, well it is not restful sleep, At about 12:30 it came back on, up to bed for me, only for it to go out again, back down to the couch. Scott wakes me up at about 5:30 to haul the generator out of the basement, fun fun, in the snow and cold, windy morning! After hauling the blasted thing out of the basement, off to the barn I go. I had left the horses in, well they were staying in! There was not way I was shoveling all that ice and snow at 6:00 am after not sleep more the 4 hours. So here are some pics of the pretty sunrise, and the snow covered trees. Old Man Winter I Give up!!!!!!!

6 comments:

HLN said...

Lovely and sinister all at the same time.

Georgetown Gang said...

Winter can't go on for ever...You should be thinking that this was "probably" the last snow for the season...hopefully!!! The pictures are very pretty.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of all the snow though!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear! We only got about 2 inches on Saturday, but it was enough to cover the ground. I am SO ready for spring. I keep looking at the weather forecast everyday just praying for the 40's.
Diana

LadyIrish said...

Kate-I am in this with ya!! Great pictures, but the text is hilarious! I could not bring myself to post any of the shots I took!!! Just could not do it.

Buoy Stretcher said...

WINter always WINS, so just have to let it. Thank goodness for the generator, without it would have been one cold shower that morning!!! I would never have survived the 1800s, 21st century amenities, just can't live without them.