Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Time to Be a Star "Cabby"

7 Yrs. ago….The time came to get another horse. I had been out of horses for some time. I drove up the dirt road of a well known farm and she was the first horse I saw. Her stunning conformation was hard not to notice. I ended up purchasing her daughter. A year later on a cold, sunny, January day a Horse trailer pulled into my barn with her aboard. Cabby came to live the rest of her days at Northern Acres. I told myself she can stay with me on my journey as long as she is comfortable. Her comfort slowly diminished, unlike her kind heart. As the fall colors began to fade so did my hopes that she would remain comfortable and safe though out the harsh Northeast winter. Thanks to the help of many equine friends. I made the choice to put my own needs of her in my life aside and choose the kind path. Kindness comes in many forms.

Today was the beautiful warm, sunny fall day I had hoped for. Louisa got to say good bye while Cabby ate her breakfast. Lots of grain extra hay, carrots, and apples. I put purple and pink ribbons in her mane with three different kinds of Crystals to assist her in peaceful passing.

I laid her down on our precious earth, kissed her warm forehead, and cried.....then smiled at her soft lips, green with grass stain from what she had eaten just minutes before. Then I had to walk away.....walking away was the hardest part. I did not expect that. She was gone, her spirit was free, her body remained.... lying on the lush cool late fall grass. To me it felt like she was on the wrong side of the fence, without her halter, away from her family. Just there on the earth prone to the raw world. I was her guardian and I had to walk away…..I looked back three times and almost walked back once. Then the kind arm of a dear Vet kept me walking away, up the hill to the barn that was her home.

It is up to the universe to guide her to her new home. Thank You for sharing the earth with me Cabby. I Look forward to seeing you again.

You were always a STAR to me.

I left of piece of my heart with her. The heart is intriguing to me, its breaks shatters even, but grows stonger. My heart hurts.

No comments: