Thursday, December 18, 2008

We have JUICE!

PHEW is all I have to say! Over the past week I very well could have lost my mind! Here we are out the other end of a Horrible Ice storm and in one piece. Chaulk this one up the record books!! Some of you may know this othes my not... Everytime the Behners from Ohio come to visit we have a storm....be it a blizzard, flood, Tornado, you name it it seems to happen when they visit. This holiday trip was no different, but by far the worst as of yet. We had finished a relaxing day of relaxing and visiting with our company, using the shower, turing up the heat, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner to snooze off in front of the TV after the 11 o'clock news where there was suttle butt about some Ice storm coming........about 30 mins later ice started to bounce off the windows and we were plunged into the darkness. Thank goodness for the emergency kit, full of batteries water and a generator......just kidding!!! We all stumble around to find flash lights and try to decide what to do...well we just went to bed. I was up early the next morning because I was on the couch so I could hear Louisa wtihout the baby monitor. I looked out the window only to find we were encased in glass! I pulled out my iphone, I have to say that little piece of heavan Kept us all connected to the world. After checking email and some web pages, I knew we were in for a long haul. I have put a few pics... more to follow......

3 comments:

dianne said...

We got our power back about 8pm Wednesday night. Glad to hear you're all safe, sound and WARM.

KJW said...

Great shots! You will love looking at these in the years to come...

LJN said...

You did it Kate, kept sane, positive and productive. Good work Scotty B keeping the ship upright!